Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sexual minority

Sexual Minority: I noticed on the program for the Larimae project (sp?) that there was an add for support of sexual minorities. What does that include? I guess it included Homosexuals, transvestites, transgender individuals, and other such people? I am not entirely sure. What makes a sexual minority? Is it purely sexual preference or does it constitute not having sex or partaking in felatio (sp?) as well? I would imagine so, and hope that it would for those groups of people, whom have not had sexual intercourse or of the like, are growing to be the minority these days. I believe that its almost always been like that cause were all "heathens" and cant "control" ourselves. Most people fit that mold. So, akin to abstinence before marriage, would people who are faithful to their spouse a sexual minority? What about polygamists, do they get to be a sexual minority? Where is the line drawn? I really don't get it. Sexual minority. Define it for me cause it seems too broad to me. On a similar note: I have come to the conclusion that it is ok to love whom you want to love. I have always believed that you have the right to love and be loved but I know that there are many out there whom don't want some to love because of sexual preference. Note that I prescribe to "acts of Homosexuality are bad" but i think the catch there is "sexuality". Not knowing off hand what sexuality is defined as, I would figure that it would be ok for a man to love a man, or a woman to love a woman, without having sex. Rough deal? Yes. Rewarding, definitely. Lets face it; anyone can do without sex. You can, don't lie. Its like a bonus prize. But if you love someone, isn't caring for them, nurturing them, putting them first in your life reward enough? Debatable to some. I think the older you get, the less you care about sex, the less important sex becomes, the more you realize what life is all about. Its not sex. Its love. So...Does my last thought put me in the sexual minority?!

1 comment:

Melissa robison said...

If more people got to the point where they understood that MARRIAGE wasn't just SEX and that it was love and committment, there would be less great expectation between the sheets after marriage and more awesomeness as well.

also I am going to start putting 'sexual minority' on my resume. lol.