Thursday, January 29, 2009

so...

I got to know things! I got to know! I watch the news and today on CNN they ran a story on AIG and the 700trillion dollar stimulus package that went through the senate and the house last november ish time. I was very disappointed when that happened and I wrote a blog about the government trying to make us look one way while they take care of something they want to take care of. Creating excuses and making problems to clean up the way they please.

Anyways, I got to know: ARE WE IN A RECESSION or ARE WE NOT?

The story that CNN ran illustrated how AIG is now giving out bonuses to their employees to be an incentive to stay. One analyst said "Where are these people going to go? I just dont buy it." I dont either....wait....it gets even better: when evened out to a per person ratio, the 'please stay' bonus' would average out to 1 MILLION DOLLARS PER PERSON!!!!

That is our BAILOUT MONEY. OUR TAX DOLLARS-GOING TO BONUSES FOR EMPLOYEES THAT HELPED SCREW UP THE COMPANY, CREATE A MORTGAGE CRISIS, AND THRUST THE ECONOMY IN TO A 10 YEAR HOLE!

You've got to be kidding me.

So I got to know...Recession? you are? you arent? you're a crisis? you're not? you think were all gullible? you dont? wtf? no wtf?

I will end the rant with a question; does a recession exist if we ignore that it is there? If we just cary on with our every day lives, keep spending, keep buying and working... will it really exist?

The stimulus package that was passed by the house today equates to 800 billion of our tax payer dollars. in that package is a stimulus check for the NEA (national endowment for the arts) Should we take it? Should we tough it out and try and be 'creative' and get OURSELVES out of any holes we may suddenly be in? 

Wake up America!!

1 comment:

Melissa robison said...

This blog post made me mad too. Ugh. I am just going to just live my life the way I always have and not hold my breathe that any of these ass hats give me a million dollars as well.