Hi and welcome to my blog. I dont know what the word blog means but I suspect its pretty neat. Enjoy my words.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
the sign that couldn't
A letter I recently wrote to the signpost. Dear Editor, Walking in the extreme snowfall on campus the other day, I was impressed by a sign next to the A-9 parking lot that read "Do not make a path" To my left and right were three feet high snow banks and I thought to myself "Well, great, now that I've been asked not to trail blaze, what should I do? Go around and conform?" So what did I do? I chose to blaze my own trail through the white shoveled drift, and to make a point, I tread my size 10 1/2's right next to the sign. Looking back on the experience, I am disappointed in whomever chose to print and post such a sign on a campus of higher learning. I hope that all wanting to make a difference in the world at this university would share in my disgust and mentally spit on the sign. While I am sure that the individual making the sign was not privy to such a response being subtly hurled at the dubious posting, I would strongly suggest to Weber State University to make a decision: Keep the sign up, or tear the sign down. I say keep the sign up because it did encourage me to pioneer my own way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! Blaze on!
Post a Comment