Sunday, October 10, 2010

Polygamy

What would I be like as a polygamist?
I had really never thought of it before tonight. You hear all of these jokes like "Why would I want more than one wife? I can barely handle the one I have!"
But what if men of the church today were put in to that position?
Scenario: Christ comes. The earth burns up and you and me barely make the grade and are left on earth. Are there many people left? Are families starving because there is no father in the home anymore?
Well, I hope, if I were made to do this, that I would be a good father and a good husband and leader to all under my care. I like to think I would be a good leader and considerate of each wife that was entrusted to me. I don't think I would like to father any further children but with my original wife. I would hope we could all become a team, working toward a goal, understanding our individual responsibilities.
Anyways, it feels really weird talking like this. I don't like it. But it is a very interesting and abstract thought.

No comments: