A recent trip down to Cedar City with a few friends has brought to my attention exactly what theater should look like and what productions up here should aspire to.
I saw Titus Andronicus for the first time in my life and I appreciated it very much. It was very artistically done; with scarfs instead of blood, and red light changes and huge sound effects as key characters got stabbed and drained of blood. Lavinia did very well, shaking like a leaf, as she was wounded to her very soul (including her tongue and hands cut off). Some of the key moments and beats that could have been relished a little bit were skipped over in my opinion. Revenge is sweet wasn't the concept the director was looking for. None the less, satisfying. Not quite giddy. It was more like closure on the show for me, rather than pure enjoyment. Hopefully I will be able to either be in it, or direct it again.
On the other hand... I heard a song tonight that I purely associate with a girl that I hope will be mine some day (though I know it is basically the longest shot in the world) I got home today and felt so alone and not wanted. It regularly goes through my mind that my ideal situation would be with this girl in California, though I know that it is vanities. She is too good a person to go for me.
I would go as far to say that she is the pinnacle of what I would like to have in a mate, but the last time I said that about a woman, and then went after her, she said that every time she thought of me, she saw darkness... which is awesome to hear from the girl of your dreams... No, it didnt scar me for life, thanks for asking.
I don't know how it will all work out in the future, but I suspect it will never work out. So I'm leaving it up to the wind. Throw physics to the dogs. I'm at the mercy of the unknown. And Im not at all excited about it.
I was gonna say something else, but I've been back and forth from browser windows and have forgot what I was going to say.
oil pan!
No comments:
Post a Comment