Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Film Making

Film Making is hard. I dont know exactly how other people started off but, man, it is full of ego and blah blah, and bad experiences. Its full of you doing your job and then you waiting for other people to do their job. They may be procrastinating, they may be making excuses, they may be inept. Eventually you will find out. I know that artist are lazy, and I know when Im being lied to, so I just take it that most people are procrastinators and don't want to be bugged about it.

Others may be stuck in a way of filmmaking that may be out of date or out of touch and it is up to you to see through their bullshit and read their language or figure out where they're coming from or what the hell they are even saying.

Many people will demean you or throw you under the bus because they are either inept, egotistical, or have serious issues and they take it out on you. You will have unpleasant experiences starting out, but if you are strong and take time to figure things out, you will make it and be wiser for it.

There will be haters galore. People will say crap online like its their job, just because they suck. People will be negative for no good reason other than that's who they are.
"People are dumbasses."

People People People!

But on the up side, if you have been through this crap before in college, it bugs you for a minor amount of time, rather than consuming your thoughts, and then you move on and get things done.
I assume that the positive will outweigh the negative.

Minimizing the risk of negativity is high on my priority list. I just want to make movies and be around people who find joy and artistic satisfaction in the process with me. That's who I want to work with. I have no interest in peoples ego's. Ego's can kiss my ass. :)

And thats my lesson for today. "Like" if you know what I'm sayin'.

No comments: