Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Irritation on my inner thighs and under buttox

Today was super irritating, on almost every level except being with my dog. She was thankfully level headed and non bias. (except being extremely bias towards me.)

My job is irritating. There was an ad agency here in town that was hired to do commercials for a particular restaurant and they botched the contracts with the actors. So the guy in charge comes to me and asks me about contracts. I give him my low down, and everybody agrees the ad agency is at fault. Well I immediately tell them I want the commercials back. And then I tell them again. And so what does the company do??? They go to another production house in town to do food shots. On top of that, they decide to go with another ad agency out of Chicago that cant find talent under 1000 a day plus 30%. I say I can get talent for half that, and in fact I can do everything they can do for half the price and just a good a product.

No response.

So maybe, just MAYBE something good will happen, but I have severe doubts. Then I see on line that there is someone taking stills at a restaurant that the company I work for is opening up and it ISN'T ME TAKING THE PICTURES! Maybe it was a news paper guy but the caption, "good and cheap" really did nothing for my emotional stability.

Thoughts after things like this include "Why don't I just move on? Why don't I quit? Why the heck not? What's keeping me here?"

I guess if I took the plunge, God would have my back. Maybe I should.

I'm frustrated with people at the gym stealing my spot as soon as I walk away. I tried to keep my place with a shakey cup, but no one really cared. New gym. New people,

Also frustrated with my improv troupe guys. They talk about integrity of the show then kind of act like whiners at the first sign of trouble. They bail which is super frustrating because to me... they ARE the integrity of the show. So to take your ball and go home is lame.

So... what should I do?

I'm super frustrated with a colleague of mine (yes if anyone I know reads this, I'll deal with the repercussions) as we have been waiting on a finalized website for 3 years now and still have no finalized website. A month ago he said that the site was programmed, it just needed to be chopped up and put in to place graphic wise. So, I was like... YEAH! Finally! If this website sold anything I could quit my fucking job and live off the residuals. But NOOOOO..... The chopping that was supposed to take one hour of someones time, has not happened yet.

So frustrating. He says its frustrating to him, but its more frustrating to me, cause it pins me down and there's nothing I can do about it.

In addition to all that, I see that people are recommending other people for demo reels, yet I have been doing demo reels for 4 years now.
I just don't understand it here. Is it me? Are people scared? Do people not like my vision? Am I non conventional? Not vanilla enough?

makes my butt sweaty until there's a heat rash down there.



No comments: