Thursday, July 15, 2010

society vs movies

Movies depict the fantasized, the extra real, the over dramatized reality we live in every day. It seems that society has taken a turn, not a left at Albuquerque, but a turn downward in the faith of passion and romance and caring for others. This blog is dedicated to calling dem shits into question, because right now, I'm at a crossroads of passion vs societal thinking.
Is chivalry dead or, as Dave Chapelle says, did "...women killed it"?
What does society want?
I hear all the time "let people do what they want. Leave them alone. Its their decision." Etc Etc. Valid, I will say. I must agree that you have no control over another person, and if you do, then you are probably evil in nature.
What do movies portray?
Movies often portray people keeping other people in check after they make mistakes. They portray turning points in peoples lives. Interventions. It seems in movies, the big moves are made, because the half ass moves, are boring to watch and are not dramatic enough.
So what does Society revert to?
Half ass moves.
Why?
Because its easier, less risky, and thats what satan wants...half ass-ery.

I make big moves, I make extreme moves. I do this for a couple reasons.
1. Im stupid.
2. I want a damn reaction to my action.
3. I want to make a difference and people to listen. Quite frankly, I believe I have a lot of the answers and people should listen to me :p

What does this often incur? Mad people, at me.
How do I wish people would treat me most of the time? Boldly, not overbearingly, and they don't. So, what usually happens is; my "friends" or people that I have tried to intervene with or help out or whatever, resent me and continue on in destructive habits. Buuuut.... I tried.
This results for me in a somewhat social phobia. I want to care, I need to care, and often I care a little too much so I make my big moves, and people get mad at me.

You can be mad at me if you want. Thats up to you.

Now, the social phobia makes me back off from situations which I really care about and think "Where's the passion and why cant I express it anymore"
Man I was a passionate kid going right in to college, and society wanted to put me in a place (not MY place, just a place) Big moves being the culprit.
Right now the situation I want to make Big Moves in is timing based, but nonetheless, a questioning fog enters my brain ..."Where's my passion. Where's me bleeding on my knees, begging, crying and groveling? Where's the passion in my relationships?"
I dunno. Beat down by society I guess? Beat down by my pride.

Lots of liberals make movies. And its mostly liberals who try and stifle passion for other people, minus sex, drugs, and fame. (or so I've encountered). What the hell Hollywood? No wonder you're tanking, your heart is in the wrong place.
So, my basic thought here is "Do I make Big Moves (when the time is right) and risk the rejection? Can I get past my own ego? How do I reconnect with that passionate young man I once knew? Do I grovel and weep and bleed out of my heart because I absolutely want to and that person deserves to know my feelings?"
or...
do I half ass it?






Where's your passion gone?